What are the proper portions of food for a successful fast diet?
Eating a healthy diet is one of the main keys if you are on a strict diet. Maybe you have chosen healthy foods, but do you know how the portions of meals and the distribution of food are on your plate?
What is the right portion of food to lose weight?
Before knowing how to divide your portions of food into one meal, you must first know the calorie needs per day – which are influenced by height, weight, age, and physical activity. Then, the calories in a day will be divided into each mealtime, namely breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Usually, the calorie needs in a day will be divided into:
- Breakfast ration: 20% of total calories
- Lunch: 30% of total calories
- Dinner ration: 25% of total calories
- The rest is a 30% ration for snacks which you can divide into 3 times so that one snack can consume 10% of total calories.
For example, your calorie needs in one day are 2000 calories, so for breakfast, you can spend about 400 calories, eat 600 calories for lunch, and eat dinner up to 500 calories. Then, you can still eat snacks that have as many as 600 calories and you should divide these snacks into 3 times so that your stomach always feels full and doesn’t growl. You can also use the services of the nutrisystem. The Nutrisystem is a custom meal plan tailored to your needs by professional weight loss counselors and dietitians.
How do you distribute the portions of staple foods, side dishes, and vegetables in one meal?
Here is a plate guide that you should follow if you want your diet to be successful:
- Vegetables. Fill a third of your dinner plate with vegetables. As recommended, you should consume 250 grams of vegetables a day, so for one meal, you have to spend at least 100 grams. The size of 100 grams of vegetables is equivalent to one glass of vegetable star fruit that is ripe and drained.
- Fruits. For fruit, have a fifth on your plate. Actually, the fruit you need is about 150 grams. So, you can consume 50 grams with each heavy meal. The size of 50 grams of fruit is equivalent to one banana or two medium-sized oranges.
- Staple food. The ration of staple foods as much as one-third of the plate, the same as the portion of vegetables you eat, which is about one-third of the plate. staple food is not only rice, but you can also choose other foods if you are bored with rice, such as potatoes, noodles, vermicelli, sweet potatoes, cassava, and so on.
- Side dishes. While the rest of the plate is still empty, you can fill it with various types of side dishes consisting of animal and vegetable protein. You can consume as much as one serving of each animal protein source.
Other provisions that can help accelerate the success of your diet
If you have chosen healthy food ingredients and adjusted your meal portions, then you are getting closer to the results of the diet you want. But, don’t forget to limit the use of salt and sugar which can ruin your diet. In addition, exercising regularly if you are on a diet is obligatory. You won’t be able to achieve satisfactory results if you don’t do it too.